Flame Firebowl Ø47 / 210 eur
Designed by VE2
Flame Firebowl is easy to set up on the beach or in the garden and sets the scene for a cosy evening in the glow of the dancing flames. The sculptural brazier is made in Corten steel, a weatherproof type of steel that patinates in a short time and creates a protective layer on the outside. The stable foot consists of two equally sized laser-cut frames which the fire bowl can rest upon, making it usable on places otherwise unfit for high temperatures.
- Corten Steel
ØxH: 47x47x23 cm
Item no. 1810540
- Material and care
Proper usage and maintenance
Proper usage and maintenance is vital for getting the most out of the valuable resources we have. Our designs are made to last for generations, but just like everything else, they need a little care to get there.
Corten steel is a weathering material known for its corrosion resistance and tensile strength. As it contains small amounts of copper, chromium and nickel, it will create a beautiful and protective layer of patina over time which gives it a superb longevity.
Cleaning and maintenance
This product requires a minimum of care, since the protective layer of patina is constantly regenerating as a response to weather changes. However, make sure to empty water from the surface after rainy weather, as the rusty water may discoulour the surroundings.
Dry off the product and store it in a dry room.
When unpacking your new fireplace, it might have minor processing marks and will not have gained its final patina look yet. This will take between 2-3 month after placed outside – slightly depending on the weather conditions. None of the processing marks will be visible when the fire place has gained its final patina look.
Until the steel has made its final patina look (rusted), the product should be placed on a natural surface in proper distance to surrounding materials such as stone, wood or cement, to ensure it does not contaminate it. Remove loose particles with a broom.
• The fire place is only for outdoor use. Never use it under a canopy/porch or any unprotected wooden structures. Keep it away from inflammable objects.
• Place the fire place on a fixed, flat and non- combustible surface.
• Use only ignition products, never petrol, ethyl alcohol or other explosive fluids. Due to the risk of explosion, never pour lighter fluid onto a fire or embers.
• The fire place will be very hot during use. Do not leave the ignited fire place unattended. Watch any children or animals that may be near.
• Make sure the fire and embers have been extinguished before you leave or move the fire place.
• Water being collected in the fire place must be discharged in a proper way to ensure the water will not contaminate. The rusty water must not get into reach of stones or wood.
• If you should get any rusty water on the surfaces, you must immediately rinse it off with plenty of water and a hard brush. If still not able to remove it you must contact a professional.
Dispose the product at your local waste receiving station.
About the designer / VE2
The design trio VE2 is made up of three creative individuals: Hugo Dines Schmidt, Tilde Nygaard and Morten Lauritzen. In the interface between form and space, the ambition is to create cohesion via characteristic and aesthetic designs with a clear functional justification. They all come from various parts of the Denmark and find their inspiration in everyday life, the people in it, and their drive to make it better. Separately and together they weigh up the good in life in general and the design studio in particular. And they are on the move and yet very much present in the now at one and the same time. They unwind and enjoy life.